Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

family time

when we left it was pretty nice
sun shining, short sleeves
 something happened as we drove north
 
first the leaves began changing
and we needed an extra layer of clothes  
 by the time we reached our destination
I was freezing...and wanted SEVERAL layers
I'm just southern
 I did get to take these awesome pics of snowflakes
 I couldn't believe how intricate the details were
***
on our way back 
we stayed a few nights in the mountains
the first thing we saw...
a flock of wild turkey
 the view from our room
one of God's many masterpieces
 I do love a fireplace!
 celebrated Timothy's birthday 
with one of our favorites
Great American Cookie Company
 gorgeous sunset
.  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
 we took the kids ice skating
 they've all been a few times
 though it's been quite a while
 I felt like this most of the time
 they all caught on pretty good
 I refuse to put the pics of us falling :)
 Stonewall actually looks cute on all fours
but we all had a great time
 even if we were a little sore later
 it was worth it.
I love playing with my children!

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Karen, you obviously have an AWESOME camera!!! I've never even seen that much detail of a snowflake, except in professional pictures. That's just amazing.
    I'd like to know where ya'll went for ice skating. Our whole family is really good (because we all roller blade a lot), but we just recently went to a temorary one in Destin, and to be honest, it stank. It was so small and bumpy everywhere. And the 'guy' (don't know what he's called) kept getting on my kids and Ryan. It was pretty iritating. So text me it sometime please.
    Wonderful pics!!! Thank you for your pic. I have no idea when I'll get ours out. First we have to get our Daddy here!! :D He gets here the 23rd. Sorry such a long comment, but I have an excuse, It's been a looooong time since I've commented ;) Love you. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snowflake pictures are GORGEOUS!! Great job taking pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closest ice skating rink to PC is either in Montgomery or Birmingham, AL. It's worth the drive to me. But I'd call first (its at the mall) to make sure there aren't any games there. We went in Gatlinburg, TN, this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed