Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Congo

While Nick was in the Congo in April 2008, the Lord began working on my heart about the need there. We have been at the Academy for ten and a half years all together, part of the time just volunteering when we could. My heart is to the Academy and I knew God would have to turn my heart to the Congo for me to truly be Nick's help there. Obviously, the Lord knew this also. The Lord began showing me things through my Bible reading, and an Abigail Miller song, "It's Just Like The Lord". Then in May or June, Bro. Buddy was preaching on fasting and turned to Isaiah 58. We went through the whole chapter, and it really came alive. When he read verse 12, I almost shouted. I realized then that I'd love to go the Congo with Nick. It says, "And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called , The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in." The Lord was showing me what could be done with a missionary in the Congo. I was now ready and eager for the final confirmation in Nick's heart! We want to see the Congolese go from despair to what you see on the face of the little boy in the picture to the right. I've no idea who he is, but he has that smile in every picture. Mrs. Cindy (a good friend at church) and I call him "my little boy".

1 comment:

  1. Praise God, Mrs. Karin! I look forward to reading more posts on your blog.

    Glad to be a missionary,

    Hannah H.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed